Mental Health Master https://www.youtube.com/c/MentalHealthMaster
⚠️WARNING! This episode discusses topics that may trigger strong emotions⚠️
- If you need help getting out of bad or abusive situations, please consider calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-7233
- ***If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255***
- SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities. https://www.samhsa.gov/
- National Sexual Assault Hotline. Free. Confidential. 24/7 Call 800.656.HOPE https://www.rainn.org/
- The NCAC models, promotes, and delivers excellence in child abuse response and prevention through service, education, and leadership. https://www.nationalcac.org/
👍 B.S. in Psychology from Chaminade University
👍 M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of the Cumberlands
👍 M.A. in Addiction Counseling from the University of the Cumberlands
- 0:00 1. How did you get into the mental health field, what went into starting your YouTube channel, and what do you do professionally?
- 0:44 2. How do mental health practitioners determine if their patients are unwell because of trauma or because of infectious disease, do they present differently based on the cause?
- 2:16 3. In your opinion, is it ever right for a physician to diagnose a patient with Morgellons without any evidence of the condition but to enhance a rapport with them for the purpose of introducing them to antipsychotics?
- 4:13 4. What, in your experience, is the most prevalent form of mental illness?
- 5:17 5. What is the difference between acute and long-term mental illness, are there different reasons for each?
- 6:45 6. Is it common for people to mistake bad behavior with personality traits, like being impulsive or reckless?
- 7:38 7. How does a person develop a delusional state typically and what are the most common delusions and what is the difference between a delusional state and mistaken belief?
- 12:44 8. What does depression feel like and what is a healthy approach to treating it?
- 14:31 9. Is it hard for many people to reach out because they feel a kind of comfort in their depressed feelings? What is that phenomenon called?
- 15:48 10. How can someone get help for somebody who doesn’t want any? Is there a way to know when it’s best to do what you can vs just walking away and letting be?
- 19:02 11. Is there a difference between anger and psychosis?
- 20:32 12. Did suicide increase or decrease during the pandemic?
- 21:15 13. What are the factors of developing suicidal ideation, and what does that term actually mean?
- 24:47 14. Does trauma contribute to people developing difficulties with interpersonal relationships?
- 25:42 15. What are the most commonly experienced forms of #abuse?
- 30:08 16. What are common outcomes from sexual trauma including rape, sexual assault, and incest?
- 33:45 17. Is there any way to prevent sex crimes including education?
- 34:56 18. Is it true that most people remain in abusive situations because of housing and other necessities for living?
- 37:40 19. Do you believe in “healthy #narcissism”?
- 41:16 20. Are most people who discuss social issues only trying to garner attention or are they actually raising awareness – how can you tell the difference? #VirtueSignaling?
- 43:00 21. Do video games cause violent behavior?
- 44:15 22. How can boundaries define and protect an individual?
- 46:22 23. Can increased social activities result in better mental health?
- 47:07 24. What is the most health-conscious way to protect your mental health?
- 48:12 25. Do you feel cannabis is a useful tool in addressing and maintaining mental health?
- 49:25 26. Can reframing situations be a helpful tool and for which mental health conditions specifically?
- 51:44 27. People with skin conditions often harbor poor self-esteem, how can they address this and move beyond it to meet life goals?
- 53:56 28. What can Lyme disease advocates do to effectively raise awareness and what behaviors should they avoid to maintain healthy efforts?
- 56:56 BREAKING NEWS!!!
- 58:00 29. What groups or organizations would you recommend to those interested in advocating for better mental health?
- 59:04 30. What is next for Mental Health Master?