In the months leading up to this article, there has been a growing sense of desperation from the communities espousing many disproven theories such as “Morgellons is caused by nanotechnology” and “Morgellons is part of a transhumanist agenda”. The reason for this urgency is quite simple, the facts are in and the jig is up.
Following the publication of several peer reviewed studies that confirm Morgellons is associated with chronic bacterial infections, people who purport various theories suddenly found themselves on the wrong side of a baseless argument to substantiate their professionally ridiculous claims. Morgellons patients have long been on the losing end of a tragic deal, but with the bringing to light of several key facts – the exploitation of Morgellons Disease is quickly coming to a head.
The Exploitation of Morgellons Disease
There are several ways Morgellons is exploited. Following, we analyse many of these methods to both raise awareness and to further solidify the legitimization of real Morgellons Disease. These various examples prove no help for ailing patients, and in many cases cause healthcare professionals to discount Morgellons disease entirely.
Support for Disproven Theories
The most obvious way Morgellons disease is exploited is as supportive evidence for disproven theories.
- GMO. Early studies demonstrated the presence of agrobacterium in Morgellons patients, but did not establish it as the causative agent. Industrial genetic modification utilizes agrobacterium to accomplish gene transfer. In patients with a compromised immune system this bacteria can establish opportunistic infections.
We reached out to Dr. Vitaly Citovsky SUNY Distinguished Professor Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at State University of New York for clarification and here is what he had to say:
GMO plants contain NO Agrobacterium-specific sequences (except for several nucleotides that remain from the T-DNA borders after integration) and thus cannot serve a sources of any bacterial factors or effects.
The bottom line is that we found no DNA of Agrobacterium that is involved in genetic transformation in the patient samples. Also vast experience of thousands of people working with Agrobacterium every day shows no pathogenic effects. Finally based on the well known Agrobacterium biology there is no biological pathway that it has that can be even envisioned to produce morgellons symptoms.Dr. Vitaly Citovsky
- Weather Modification. While this phenomenon has been occurring for over 100 years now, it has only recently been gaining attention in the mainstream and generally not well accepted. This is in part due to the conversation regarding Solar Geoengineering. Both weather modification and SRM employ techniques to add aerosols to our atmosphere. While this phenomenon is likely less than healthy in immunocompromised patients, there is no demonstrable evidence that these activities are the causative agent in Morgellons disease. Some people have speculated that weather modification includes the use of fibers being dropped out of high flying tankers and that these fibers are breathed in and then expelled. This theory was crushed however when evidence was demonstrated that Morgellons fibers grow from inside the body and are produced by the bodies own proteins.
- Electromagnetic Frequencies. Another theory is that radiation from cell phones and wifi devices are causing burns, and that the slow healing and irregular repair of the sores indicated radiation illness. This theory however fails when it is apparent that some Morgellons patients recover after aggressive antibiotic use, yet the same patients remain exposed to EMFs. This inconsistency alone verifies that EMFs are not the causative factor in Morgellons disease at all, however ongoing research is studying the effects of EMF on Morgellons patients.
The next way Morgellons is exploited is for sensational purposes. Morgellons is a visual disease with fluorescent fibers, shocking, oozing, open and bleeding lesions. Armed with nothing more than artistically licensed visual interpretation, many groups and individuals use images of Morgellons disease to generate an audience that is intrigued.
- Nanotechnology. In, perhaps a bid to make both phenomenon sound ludicrous, some individuals started suggesting Morgellons artifacts are a result of nanotechnology being delivered by aerosols from jet liners that self replicates once inhaled. The problem with this concept is that no evidence of nanotechnology has even been demonstrated in any Morgellons patients. This theory is a result of observational interpretation of Morgellons images, none of which have ever been studied in person to determine their chemical and structural composition. Similar artifacts have been studied and determined to be comprised of human proteins. Often people who espouse this theory have seen videos of actual developing nanotechnologies – but attempt to correlate what they’ve seen to Morgellons disease without use of the proper scientific method to rule out their theories.
- Black Magic NWO. There is a movement that reports Morgellons fibers are GMO spider silk perpetuated on the masses by the New World Order with the aid of black magic. This theory, although completely sensational, is captivating to some. This theory claims that Morgellons is a symptom of “rejecting the nanobots” that are upgrading human DNA to make all life interconnected with biological technology. What these people have done is taken the 1950s idea of a future with flying cars, only 30 years out potentially, and applied the same miscalculation to our future. Many writers have speculated about a future where every person is interconnected by way of the internet, no evidence however has surfaced that these plans are being carried out or are affecting anybodies life. This is fiction being passed down as fact.
- Morgellons is a Bioweapon. This theory, like the others, relies on the audience to forgo chemical and light microscopic evidence in light of sensational visual interpretation. Many of the images on here are purported to be something which very clearly they are not. The source of the artifacts in this video are not revealed and the narrator weaves a fantastic tale void of any substantiating facts.
- Morgellons is a Silent Superbug. You know what they say about people who disappear? Sometimes they were never really here. Such is the case with Daniel Bell Van Eeden and his Silent Superbug Morgellons video. Van Eeden’s production is amusing to those who are aware of what biofilm really is, captivating to those looking for a conspiracy in everything. As the author of the above Scribd document demonstrates, it’s hard to nail Van Eeden down despite having a theory to back up with any credible evidence. Perhaps this excerpt says it best:
the videos almost seem like a … like a SALES PITCH for “Dr Evil ” types, who want to make “ONETRIIIIILLION” $ off of a pleading suffering public.
We reached out to Morgellons expert, Cindy Casey Holman, RN and Director of the Charles E. Holman Morgellons Disease Foundation for a statement regarding potential butterfly effects of sensationalizing Morgellons Disease. Here is what she had to say:
The perpetuation of these theories, even long after they have been disproven, accomplishes only a worse impression for physicians who possess the potential to treat Morgellons Disease. Doctors tune out the mention of Morgellons after initially having it presented as a sensational theory. These people who exploit Morgellons for their purposes indirectly harm patients who are legitimately seeking treatment.Cindy Casey Holman
In our estimation, very few Morgellons patients are looking for sympathy. Rather we think legitimate Morgellons patients are looking for validation, health and support. There are those however who are literally pretending to have Morgellons disease, a microscopic condition, while spending much time online soliciting attention. The rationale of these people indicates a common belief that every person on the planet has Morgellons, while most people simply don’t exhibit symptoms. They also utilize sensationalism, for example, to perpetuate the idea that those patients with sores are rejecting nanobot transhumanist upgrades. These people commonly post sensational links and photographs of unknown origin, while taking artistic licence with their descriptions.
None has exploited Morgellons so much, even beyond the final entries on this list, than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention itself. In 2012 the CDC released a scathing report entitled Clinical, Epidemiologic, Histopathologic and Molecular Features of an Unexplained Dermopathy in which they conclude nothing, yet headlines the following day read “Morgellons Patients are Delusional!”
In all fairness, the CDC is an agency comprised of a variety of talented and skilled professionals who often don’t have control over the direction of their research. Each election produces a new potential nominee for Director of the CDC. Hopefully they will be interested to take a second look at Morgellons disease as time has passed and new insight has become available. If you’d like to see the CDC take another look at Morgellons disease, first learn more about what they do and then feel free to reach out to them. Be professional and kind, remember – they are people too. https://www.cdc.gov/contact/index.htm
There are opportunists making easy cash off Morgellons disease with no evidence to substantiate their claims that these products will address actual Morgellons symptoms. There aren’t many, if any, Morgellons branded “health” products that regard the accepted literature. As such none of these products can be regarded with merit.
For what reason would you suppose anyone would create sensational fiction based on the word Morgellons? Exploitation, of course. Morgellons has been proven to be a disease of chronic bacterial infection… but until the CDC comes out and says that, it’s open season on interpretation:
This article highlights just a few of the several examples of how Morgellons is exploited for personal gain. It should be of interest whether such a phenomenon would occur with any disease that is not officially recognized. Were autism and aids exploited the same way? As long as people are convinced that Morgellons patients are hurting themselves for attention they will possess a deep bravado to expose the perceived attention seeker. In reality however, the Morgellons patient wants nothing more than for their suffering to cease.
We reached out to Veterinary Microbiologist, Marianne Middelveen for her expert opinion on the phenomenon of Morgellons disease being exploited. She was very kind and prepared a statement in regards to our inquiry:
There is a saying in medicine “when you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras”. This means when you are confronted with a constellation of symptoms you should first consider the most common possible causes, “the horses”, and rule them out before considering more rare causes, “the zebras”. Zebras can happen, but a horse is far more likely.
In the case of Morgellons we have a perfectly good horse. The CDC admits that there are over 300,000 new cases of Lyme disease diagnosed in the USA each year, making it more common than new breast cancer cases and new HIV cases. There are now 9 peer-reviewed papers listed on a Pubmed search that provide evidence linking Morgellons disease to Lyme disease.
Four of these report directly detecting Borrelia burgdorferi, the causative agent of Lyme disease, and closely related Borrelia species in specimens from Morgellons disease patients, by the use of sensitive molecular controlled experimentation. Other pathogens have been detected in Morgellons specimens including Helicobacter pylori, Treponema denticola, and Bartonella henselae, that may play a contributing role.
While the horse is neighing at the stable door, zebras such as fungal diseases, parasites, arthropod infestation are proposed, although there is no evidence to support them as causative agents. Not only are zebras proposed and the horse neglected, but unicorns, such as GMOs, chem trails, nanotechnology, and alien bacteria, are proposed as etiologic factors. Unicorns are ridiculous, impossible myths. Unicorns cause confusion and hinder legitimate, peer-reviewed research from being accepted by the mainstream.Marianne Middelveen
To learn more about Morgellons Disease and the research that legitimizes it as associated with chronic bacterial infection, pick up a copy of Morgellons: The Legitimization of a Disease by Dr. Ginger Savely today!